Advertisement

how to get teenager to be more receptive to the help her parents are trying to give her?

how to get teenager to be more receptive to the help her parents are trying to give her? Check it out on my blog here:
This video is based on the following parent email: “I subscribed to your blog last week. I found you in my efforts to find resources to help my 17-year old daughter. Based on what I have read, she is asynchronously developed, and has executive function challenges-deal with. She has been difficult and defiant since she was 15. She won’t take instructions from me and my husband. Can you provide some advice on how to get a teenager like her to recognize/accept she has challenges and be more receptive to the help her parents are trying to give her?”
Here I explain the 3 elements needed for change, how students are resistant, how the nervous system is involved in this issue, why the relationship is key and HOW to rebuild the relationship so your child will be able to grow through this more effectively.
I also mention:
The Executive Function Online Summit for parents:
Stuart Shanker’s upcoming, amazing program (he was one of our awesome TEFOS speakers)
The book The Self-Driven Child by Stixrud and Johnson, 2 of our TEFOS speakers
My programs that may help
Check out this video on my blog HERE:
---
VISIT: to get my free Student Success Toolkit and free weekly updates

ABOUT: I'm Seth Perler and I want a world where education gives ALL kids, including outside-the-box learners, the tools to build a good future.

Education should empower learners to not only have great lives, but also to contribute in personally meaningful ways. Let's do this right.

I blog weekly at - My mission is to help students who struggle with school, and it's all about "Executive Function".

VISIT: to get my free Student Success Toolkit and free weekly updates. It's packed with solutions for outside-the-box kids, middle school through college.
#SethPerler, #ExecutiveFunciton, #2e

Executive function,struggling student,learning,education,school,add,adhd,dyslexia,Aspergers,autism,learning style,learning disability,IEP,RTI,504,tutor,Seth Perler,

Post a Comment

0 Comments