Advertisement

John Bishop reveals he ‘contemplated death’ and all he’d miss after terrifying cancer scare - Lates

John Bishop reveals he ‘contemplated death’ and all he’d miss after terrifying cancer scare  - Lates Thanks for watching my video.
If you like my videos, please subscribe to the channel to receive the latest videos
Videos can use content-based copyright law contains reasonable use Fair Use (  Comedian John Bishop revealed he ‘contemplated death’ after a distressing cancer scare in his 40s.  The actor, now 52, went for an X-ray after a worrying cough that lasted too long.  ‘I was told that unless I heard anything, I should regard everything as normal and the cough would go,’ he said.  ‘I heard nothing and gradually my chest cleared, so I thought no more about it. Three months later I received a call saying the results of the X-ray had been misreported by one of the junior staff.’  John was told he would need an immediate CT scan and ‘his tone suggested it needing doing sooner rather than later’.  He continued: ‘So I organised a private CT scan at the local hospital. I spent a few hours alone thinking it could be the start of the end.  ‘This is because a Google search of ‘shadows on lungs’ does not make you believe the prognosis will be good.’  The incident was only three years ago, but one misreporting could have resulted in tragedy.  ‘It was the first time I had seriously contemplated my own death,’ John said. ‘I was filled with sadness for all the things I’d miss – my family, my sons getting married, my parents, becoming a grandparent, laughing, blue sky days when you are so happy that you almost feel guilty to be so lucky. Football, music, films.  ‘Death takes away everything, although this isn’t all bad. I suddenly realised I did not have to care any more about what Donald Trump did, if the ice caps were going to melt and the Brexit vote.’  Everything he went through during the cancer scare is explained in his book How To Grow Old and he admits that both he and his wife were ‘nervous’ about the results.  ‘The GP called me as soon as he had the results,’ Joh revealed. ‘I had shadows on both lungs but it was nothing sinister and was caused by increased bone mass in my sternum.’  Despite his good news, John admitted that suddenly hearing Trump deny climate change made him worry about everything all over again.

MoreJohn Bishop,John Bishop reveals he ‘contemplated death’ and all he’d miss after terrifying cancer scare - Lates,

Post a Comment

0 Comments