Advertisement

'Good to be Afflicted:' Original arrangement from Psalm 119 by Brianna Brown(Rededication Challenge)

'Good to be Afflicted:' Original arrangement from Psalm 119 by Brianna Brown(Rededication Challenge) Hey, everyone! We posted a challenge on our "All Things for Yah" Facebook page on October 21st. The challenge was to spend 10 to 15 minutes daily reading 3 Psalms and 1 Proverb and 15-20 minutes in focused, intentional prayer leading up to Hanukkah, the "Feast of Dedication." Tomorrow is the last day of the challenge and the first day of Hanukkah! I've written a few songs during that time, and I'm sharing this raw recording in honor of the last day of the challenge. Happy Feast of Rededication! =)

It is good for me to have been Afflicted
That your statues I would learn
The law of your mouth is better to me
Than thousands of pieces of silver and gold

May those who fear you see me and be glad
'Cause I wait for your word
I know, O LORD
that your judgements are righteous
In faithfulness you have Afflicted my soul

I've restrained my feet from every evil way
That your word I may keep
Turned not aside from your ordinances
For You, Yourself, have taught me, O God

The unfolding of your word gives light
And understanding to the simple
I opened my mouth wide and panted
I longed for your commandments

It is good for me to have been Afflicted
That your statutes I may learn
The law of Your mouth is better to me
Than thousands of pieces of silver and gold

I would have perished in my affliction
If your law had not been my delight
I will never forget your precepts
For my soul, by them, you have revived

Good to be Afflicted,All Things For Yah,Hanukkah,Original music,original songs,scripture,scripture music,worship,song writer,singer,musician,Torah,Psalm 119,Yehovah,Yeshua,Worship,

Post a Comment

0 Comments