Advertisement

How digging into my own family history changed my life

How digging into my own family history changed my life My name is Khun Khunaraksa. I am a 40 Under 40 Most Influential: Asian-Australian Winner and I have a successful career in the water sector. I am currently enjoying a location independent lifestyle and am also the Producer of Dojo Story Slam, a storytelling event that is growing in popularity.

In September, 2019, I started digging into my own family history and what I found completely changed my life. I realized the biggest mistake I have made in my life.

I am now grateful to simply wake up every morning and focus on having a meaningful life one day at a time.

*********************************************
A story how I got to tell my personal story publicly for the first time in my life:

“Will you tell a story one day, Khun?” Laura my good friend asked me at the end of The Moth night over 1.5 years ago.

I thought to myself... I’m not sure. I have not done something like this before. Do I have good stories to tell?

So I answered: Maybe…

The idea of telling my family stories was not something I was interested in.

Not until.

My wife said to me during a taxi ride. “Why don’t you tell your own stories instead of the water work you do?”

A light bulb went off in my head. That’s a good idea. I should do it.

The last two months have been intense for me as I discovered family facts I didn’t know before.

What I learned changed me and I wanted to share my discovery with others to inspire them to look at their families from different lenses.

On October 21, 2019, I stepped on the F**k Up Nights Canggu Vol.1 stage in front of a crowd of more than a hundred twenty people to share the biggest mistake of my life and the family facts that set me free. And I felt great!

I could not be more proud of myself. I know now that it is my destiny to share my stories with the world.

I can see myself doing a TEDx Talk. Let’s make this happen!

changed

Post a Comment

0 Comments