Advertisement

I'm Giving Away 10% of my Income. Here’s Why

I'm Giving Away 10% of my Income. Here’s Why Giving What We Can:

“I recognise that I can use part of my income to do a significant amount of good. Since I can live well enough on a smaller income, I pledge that for the rest of my life or until the day I retire, I shall give at least ten percent of what I earn to whichever organisations can most effectively use it to improve the lives of others, now and in the years to come. I make this pledge freely, openly, and sincerely.” #TakeThePledge #GivingWhatWeCan

The Life You Can Save by Peter Singer free audiobook or ebook:

Myths about aid and charity:
GiveWell charity evaluator:

Peter Singer TED talk: The why and how of Effective Altruism
Beth Barnes TEDx talk: Effective Altruism

How can doctors do the most good:

Effective Altruism -

💌 Sign up to my weekly email newsletter -
🌍 My website / blog -
🎙My weekly podcast -

📸 Instagram -
🐦 Twitter -
📕 Facebook -

📝My favourite iPad Screen Protector - Paperlike -
🎶 Where I get my music from (amazing for YouTubers) -

🎥 My YouTube Camera Gear -

Who am I:

I'm Ali, a junior doctor working in Cambridge, UK. I make videos about medicine, technology, productivity and lifestyle design. I also have a weekly podcast with my brother ( and I write a weekly email newsletter that contains some quick thoughts + links to interesting things (

🌍 My website / blog -

Get in Touch:

If you’d like to talk, I’d love to hear from you. Tweeting @AliAbdaal directly will be the quickest way to get a response, but if your question is very long, feel free to email me at hi@aliabdaal.com. I try my best to reply to things but there sadly aren't enough hours in the day to respond to everyone 😭

giving what we can,effective altruism,giving what we can pledge,philanthropy,charity,the life you can save,peter singer,drowning child,altruism,utilitarianism,ea global,poverty,will macaskill,ali abdaal,ali abdal,nonprofit,social change,against malaria foundation,give to charity,10% pledge,philosophy,centre for effective altruism,doing good better,effective altruism global,malaria,global health,

Post a Comment

0 Comments