Advertisement

Inside an electric vehicle charger interface.

Inside an electric vehicle charger interface. This faulty electric car "granny" charger (plugs into a standard power socket) was sent in by Tom.

The video by mikeselectricstuff is this one:-


When I made this video I was going into hospital for an operation (hernia) the following day, so I didn't go quite as far as I could have. Maybe in the future I'll take the PCB back out, put it on a bench power supply and then probe for the presence of the PWM signal.

My guess is that the vehicle detection and signalling circuit may possibly have been damaged by a static discharge from the car when it was plugged in due to the use of the earth connection as part of the signal path. That's just a rough guess though.

If you enjoy these videos you can help support the channel with a dollar for coffee, cookies and random gadgets for disassembly at:-

This also keeps the channel independent of YouTube's advertising algorithms allowing it to be a bit more dangerous and naughty.

ev,electric,vehicle,charger,granny,interface,power,protection,supply,

Post a Comment

0 Comments