Advertisement

I Learned 100 Jazz Standards in a Year (What I Learned)

I Learned 100 Jazz Standards in a Year (What I Learned) That's right, you probably saw the title of this video. I did, indeed, learn 100 jazz standards in one year at one point in my life.

And while I wouldn't necessarily advocate learning that many jazz standards so quickly to any of my students, the important thing is learning lots of jazz standards will help you learn all musical lessons you need to know about jazz and learning how to improvise over jazz standards.

So, in today's video, I would like to share some of the lessons that I learned from learning 100 tunes and how we can learn jazz standards better and get more out of them.

Make sure you get my free guide "Learn Jazz Standards the Smart Way":

***Important Links and Resources***
Further Reading:

Subscribe to the LJS Podcast:

Subscribe on YouTube:

Connect on Social Media:




If you want to stay up to date with all of the weekly jazz lessons, podcast episodes, and videos we come out with, join our newsletter at:

See you in the next video!

jazz standards,jazz repertoire,learn jazz standards,learn jazz,jazz tips,jazz advice,learn to play jazz,jazz education,100 jazz standards in a year,learning 100 jazz standards,jazz standard tips,tips for learning jazz standards,listening to jazz,playing jazz gigs,learning songs,jazz practicing,playing jazz,memorizing songs,memorizing jazz standards,jazz,jazz jam sessions,improvising jazz,jazz improvisation,jazz beginner,

Post a Comment

0 Comments