Advertisement

Approaching the Scene 086: Making Photography Your Career

Approaching the Scene 086: Making Photography Your Career Join my good friends Rick LePage from Complete Digital Photography and Dan Hawk a successful commercial photographer in this chat about the opportunities and challenges of earning a living from photography in our digital age. I've had an increasing number of questions and comments asking for a discussion like this and I can't imagine two better people to talk about it with. `We'll talk about how Dan and I transitioned from other professions into photography and give some advice for those thinking about a similar move.

Introduction and Rick's background: 02:25
Dan's switch from banking to photography: 05:40
My switch from law to photography: 10:21
What about travel and storytelling photography: 14:43
Dan's first years as a commercial photography with advice: 16:43
Some tips from Hudson on getting started: 21:46
You may have to do more than one thing: 23:30
Dan's work with Luma Labs (a case study): 23:57

Rick's website: www.completedigitalphotography.com
Dan's website:
My Costa Rica Workshop:
All my 2020 Workshops:

Newly updated links to all the gear I use:
Using my links helps support this video series. Thank you!

My Core Photography Course:

Thanks to everyone for the great questions you are sending in. Keep them coming either in the comments below or by emailing me directly.

mirrorless,lesson,education,training,how to,gear,photography class,digital photography,aperture,Approaching The Scene,Hudson Henry,nikon,z6,z7,photography,career,professional,advice,

Post a Comment

0 Comments