Advertisement

Day Six Discomfort VS Habit- Warmblood Kaye

Day Six Discomfort VS Habit- Warmblood Kaye Hey all!
Today I'm going to sit down with Kaye's owner and we're going to discuss options and talk about ulcers and such... it's so hard to decide what is discomfort and what is a habit she developed. Some of you keep saying "maybe she always had ulcers" or "she developed a sensitivity because of ulcers" and maybe those are true BUT she wasn't like this prior to this fall. In my mind, that rules out ALWAYS having ulcers. None of you know this horse, I know her very well. There is a clear change in how she's acting. When I use the term "sensitive" there's a few different ways I use it. Now, I'm not sure how many of you watching this know about breeding, and specifically warmbloods regarding breeding... but you need to hear me when I tell you she is bred to be hotter than a QH, Paint, Arabian, Draft horse, all of it. If you don't know what a "hot" horse is, google is you're friend :) Athletes are bred at this farm, they are naturally hot and sensitive. This is normal for this mare... I'm also using sensitive in terms to touch for her. For example, she was always sensitive, but not to just a simple touch. She responds from a very small amount of pressure aka touchy gas pedal! But she wasn't running away from a "no energy" touch. It's very hard to explain all of this not in person and also without you knowing the horse for the past 3 years.... which is why Kaye's 7th video will be talking with her owner so we can devise the best plan for Kaye :) Stay tuned

Subscribe!

For more content, follow me here:
FB/IG: @vanfleetmustangs

horse,horses,horse training,warmblood,colt starting,equestrian,

Post a Comment

0 Comments