Advertisement

‘Dukes of Hazzard’ star Catherine Bach says she relied on faith after her husband’s death - US News

‘Dukes of Hazzard’ star Catherine Bach says she relied on faith after her husband’s death  - US News Thanks for watching my video.
If you like my videos, please subscribe to the channel to receive the latest videos
Videos can use content-based copyright law contains reasonable use Fair Use (   Entertainment attorney Peter Lopez was found dead of an apparent suicide in 2010 at age 60. At the time, assistant chief coroner Ed Winters said a neighbor reportedly heard a gunshot and someone at the home found Lopez’s body. A spokesman for Lopez’s law firm said he was Michael Jackson’s music attorney until a couple of years before the singer died in 2009 at age 50. Lopez and Bach married in 1990 and shared two daughters. “I always thought, ‘Well gosh, I’m so happy,’” Bach, 65, recalled about their marriage. “’I am so blessed with my family and a man that I love so much. What problems? I have no problems. I’m able to stay home with our kids. He makes a good living, he was a lawyer. This is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me.’ And then all of a sudden it was just gone.” According to the actress, it was opening up to others about her tragedy that helped her be strong for her daughters. “I wasn’t ashamed [of speaking out],” explained Bach. “I wasn’t. I was just completely focused on taking care of my children and taking care of myself so I wouldn’t fall apart. So many people came to me and they said, ‘My mom stayed in bed with a bottle for five years.’ And, ‘I take drugs to get through this.’ I just couldn’t do that. So I prayed a lot. I went to church a lot. I’m Catholic. I stayed very close to my priest who I really trust… It’s what kept me alive. And therapy. There is a lot of grief group therapy. Everybody that’s there has [had] a tremendous loss.”  “People out there, if you have a friend who’s going through something, or if you are, give yourself a break and be around people who listen to you,” continued Bach. “I think it’s really important to have the company of people who mean the most to you.” Bach insisted that she has never been tempted by drugs or alcohol as a form of escape. “I need to support my children,” she said. “I am not going to let them down.” The star shared that she’s currently in the process of writing a book about how she remained strong for her children after she lost her husband.  “I’ve got the book written, it’s a little long right now,” she said. “… I’ve got an editor, and I’m sure that a publishing house will have their editors. So we’ll see how it ends up. But I definitely want to share my story in hopes that it will help others.” In 2012, Bach told ET’s Nancy O’Dell she couldn’t think of any reasons why her husband would take his life. “That’s what’s so crazy about this,” said Bach at the time. “There’s no signs. Peter didn’t drink, didn’t take drugs.” When asked whether she ever blamed Lopez for leaving her and their two daughters in that way, Bach said it was not her place to judge. “I can’t get mad at Peter because I love him that much and I trusted him that much,” sh

usa news today,news today,usa news,crossword usa today,cnn,fox news,usa today sports,cnn news,washington post,

Post a Comment

0 Comments